1. What is the rental process?
- After our consultation (in-person/phone/email) about your event, a personalized quote will be provided. The formal quote will include rental pricing, fees, and deposits.
- Upon your acceptance of the quote, a signed rental contract will be required along with a 50% nonrefundable deposit (by check or through PayPal) to hold your pieces for that date.
- Adjustments to your order can be made prior to one week before the event.
- Final payment is due one week before the delivery date.
- We typically deliver the day before the event and pick up the day after.
2. What information is needed to prepare the quote?
- Client name, address, phone number, email address
- Date of the event
- Name and location of venue
- Occasion and theme
- Number of guests and/or tables
- Rental order details (such as place setting options, serving dishes, decor pieces, etc.)
3. What fees and deposits are associated with the rental?
In addition to the rental cost, there are two fees – cleaning and delivery – and both are dependent on the specifics of the order. Tableware cleaning is 18% of the tableware rental order and the linen cleaning fee is 20% of the linen order.
The delivery fee, which includes delivery and pickup, depends on the distance traveled.
~within 15 miles of our Hillsborough location —– $60
~within 30 miles of our Hillsborough location —– $75
~within 50 miles of our Hillsborough location —– $90
Please inquire about venues beyond 50 miles.
We also have two deposits associated with our rentals. The required cleaning security deposit will be refunded if dishes/tableware are returned throughly wiped clean of all food debris and correctly packed. We also reserve the right to require a security deposit on the rental items, also refunded when all the goods have been returned and inventoried. These deposits are calculated based on the rental order.
All fees and security deposits will be included in the rental quote.
4. May I pickup and return?
Yes. Keep in mind you’ll probably need a van or SUV to safely transport. Pickup truck transport is not appropriate for our delicate items. Also, you are responsible for all rental items during the rental period, including the transport time.
5. How far will you travel?
We primarily serve the NC Piedmont region but will travel to locations outside our area. Please contact us about delivery fees for locations outside this area.
6. Do you ship?
No, we do not ship items.
7. Do I have to wash the dishes?
No, we do the washing but you will need to wipe the dishes/tableware, removing all food debris, before repacking in the crates or bins. Be sure to make arrangements with your caterer or event coordinator, or you can assemble your own crew to manage the wiping and packing.
Your cleaning security deposit will be refunded if dishes/tableware are returned rinsed and correctly packed.
8. May I request a color scheme?
Since our collection represents a “few of many” different patterns, we will try to honor the request as much as our inventory allows. We do have some speciality collections – blue & white, pink & white, white/cream family, and stoneware – so be sure to ask.
9. Will you set the tables?
Usually the client, caterer, wedding planner, or family members set the tables but we love to help! We will provide you with a quote for this additional service.
10. How are the rental items packed?
We use standard catering crates for our dishes and glassware, protected with plastic wrapping. Flatware is packed in plastic bins. Tiered stands are packed disassembled for safe transport; we ask that you rinse and repack disassembled. Cake stands and other large glass dishes come in padded crates. Assorted decor will be packed in marked crates. Repacking directions and a checklist will be provided upon delivery.
11. How long is the rental period?
We typically rent for three days – the day before through the day following the event. We are, however, flexible with the rental period and we can discuss particular needs for your event.
12. What if I break something?
This may happen and if it does, please tell us and pack the broken piece. We will request the fair market value of the item with most pieces being less than $10.
13. What is the minimum order?
Our minimum delivery order is $100, not including the delivery fee. If you wish to pickup and return, the minimum is $50.
14. Any other advice?
Be sure to talk with your caterer, wedding planner, and venue coordinator about your contract with us. If there are any questions or concerns, we will do our best to help and work out details as needed.
Your question not answered? Please contact us and we’ll be glad to assist!