“Shelly was a pleasure to work with! She was so sweet and helpful and her collection was beautiful!” – Calli
- My family – 3 brothers, 4 sisters, and our mother – moved to Hillsborough in 1965. It was that year I met my future husband in 6th grade. After attending college, we both returned to Orange County and married. We have two grown children; one lives in Asheville and the other near Boston.
- My husband and I will be grandparents for the first time in April. We are sooo excited!
- After 33 years of teaching middle schoolers, I retired from the local public school system.
- SVT opened six months later, in 2013. I was just starting to fall totally in love with the vintage look, and had a lot to learn about business management; however, it has been a delightful challenge.
- The best reward is sharing vintage treasures with our clients and helping them design their wedding reception, birthday party, shower, or corporate celebration.
“Shelly was extraordinarily generous with her time and expertise, meticulous in her attention to detail and pleasant and easy-going to work with. She made the whole planning process exciting and stress-free!” – Catherine
- I love to create. My hobbies have included making mosaics and you can see these projects all over my house – from the front porch to up the stairs. I have also decoupaged jars, rocks, and furniture. When I was in college, I learned how to macrame and recently picked it back up. For my niece’s wedding, I crafted a boho curtain from vintage lace, fabric, and macrame twine.
- Using power tools is my new passion. My friend gave me a stack of wooden blades from an old ceiling fan and I made boxes from them. I have also worked with wood rounds and now I’m making pedestals.
- There’s still so many things I want to do and I love to look through Pinterest for new ideas.
“Shelly Heath is an artist! She creates lovely settings with her beautiful china, linens, and unique vintage collection.” – Mary
I’m ready to help make your occasion special and invite you to visit our contact page!
Southern Vintage Table
222E Orange Grove Street
Hillsborough, NC 27278